Security DevOps Engineer
LeQuest is a high-tech education provider based in the center of Rotterdam. It develops simulation based online training to certify and train healthcare professionals using advanced high-tech medical technology. A big responsibility that we do not take lightly.
We are an international group of professionals who value each other’s opinions, ideas and feedback to ensure personal growth; both culturally and professionally. Our ultimate aim is to grow our business in order to assist more healthcare professionals worldwide and provide them with the confidence they need when handling medical technology in sometimes life-threatening situations.
We need to ensure that our platforms stay up-to-date and our e-trainings and systems remain accessible and safe. That is where your support and expertise would be highly appreciated.
You will work in a team of 8 where you will be mainly responsible for the security of the development and production environment. All security matters within the environment are yours to design, implement, maintain and grow. Alongside this, you will have shared responsibility to further develop the pipeline and ensure the DevOps methodology is strongly adapted. We make use of the public cloud and you will support our ongoing migration.
An excellent place to take a lot on your plate and develop yourself in a broad perspective within a fast-growing SaaS company with a noble cause!
With a diverse role we are looking for a diverse skill set:
- Higher education degree in technology or ICT related studies or working level (HBO/University);
- 5 years of experience engineering within Linux / Open Source environment(s) 3 of which directly involved in security;
- Prioritizes and highly values the (online) security of a company;
- Stays updated with the latest security briefings and technology, and can concisely communicate and update stakeholders;
- Experienced in setting up and improving security aspects of server/network environment(s);
- Experience with AWS and IaC;
- Values constructive feedback and working alongside others;
- Enjoys working with different tools to automate deployment pipelines;
- Familiarized with networking technologies and the main protocols;
- Designed and implemented security plans;
- Created security policies and procedures.
- Implementing protection and monitoring the organization’s complex IT landscape, from production to workspaces
- Proactively testing and protecting the organization’s systems for security weaknesses and potential vulnerabilities
- Developing Security and Data Protection plans and policies as a member of the Security Board
- Architecting, implementing, and maintaining solutions in collaboration with the DevOps team
- Advising developers on securing the organization’s web applications
- Identifying current and emerging technology issues including security trends, vulnerabilities and threats
- You will have a shared responsibility for ensuring the organization’s compliance with the security and privacy standards of its global clients in healthcare.
What do we offer?
- A stimulating position for 40 hours a week in Rotterdam
- Competitive base salary
- 25 vacation days per year
- Working in a multicultural environment
- Working within a high-tech medical software training environment, with history and legacy
- Flexible working hours between 7am and 7pm
Please contact our HR and Recruitment Officer Gabrielle Groot +31 (0) 10 310 0850 or email to email@example.com.
LeQuest was founded in 2011 to close the gap between healthcare professionals and medical technology. We aim to improve the quality of care by empowering healthcare professionals to use medical technology with confidence and competence. Our SaaS solution trains and certifies healthcare professionals for the use of medical technology through customized, online guided-simulations, changing their world for the better.
LeQuest has grown into a dynamic company employing 50+ innovative, international minds who are dedicated to the company’s mission. Nearly 50% of our staff is from non-Dutch descent and we have a well-balanced gender mix, thus providing a truly diverse company. The right attitude, skills and most of all, human decency are greatly valued at LeQuest, creating a very special and open workplace.